Thursday, August 27, 2015

Smoky picnic tables

I've noticed something interesting about myself lately.  There are times when a casual statement delivered in my direction is instantly transformed by my brain into an order, something that MUST be done, the sooner the better. 

Sadly, it happens more and more often with Sarah.  Just the other day all she said was, "I get splinters in my butt every time I sit on the picnic table." 

Well then.  That's simply unacceptable!  I must dismantle the picnic table!!

Fortunately a buddy saved me a bunch of money when I told him I was going to buy some cedar boards to redo it, he said, "why not just try to turn them over first?  They probably won't be bad on the other side."  Turns out he was right! 

After a bunch of sanding and then a good oiling, it doesn't look too darn bad!


Darn near new again!
And like everyone else, we've been having some pretty smoky days, weeks, what feels like months, around here.  Yesterday I was filling my "water transfer buckets" at the lake and this was the view.

After it cleared out a little bit..
 
It was DEAD calm

See the boat??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home